ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. – A fire that destroyed DJ Johnny Magic’s house this weekend is believed to have started in a chimney and spread from there, according to Orange County Fire Rescue.

Public information officer Mike Jachles said it appears the fire Friday night on French Oak Drive began in a chimney after an outdoor fireplace was being used. From there, the flames spread.

[RELATED: Well-known morning DJ in Orlando loses house to fire | ‘He doesn’t know all the people he’s touched:' Johnny Magic co-workers provide support for famed Orlando DJ ]

Burnett, the director of Baby DJ Incorporated, knows Magic well and can’t stop raving about his genuine personality and how much he’s given to her nonprofit aimed at making sure no child or family ever has to go without.



“He would give the shirt off his back to anyone,” Burnett said. “Throughout the year, he’d call me and say, ‘Carmen there’s a family that needs this,’ and I’d jump on it immediately.”

Laura Lockner had great things to say about Magic too. She's the director of Runway to Hope nonprofit.

“Johnny has always been involved with Runway to Hope when it comes to our hospital patient days, and he volunteers with the kids with pediatric cancer,” Lockner said.

Attorney Mark Nejame is Magic’s good friend. He said Magic is overwhelmed by all of the community support he received.

“What has touched him so profoundly is the outpouring of support and love in the community that he’s given so much to," Nejame said.

Jachles on Monday stressed fire safety tips, especially as the area prepares for a cold front that could lead to more people using space heaters and fire places.

4 Tiers Chicken Pullet Battery Cage

A GoFundMe has been set up to help cover the damage at the XL 106.7 host’s home. So far, more than $47,000 has been raised.

Jerry Askin is an Atlanta native who came to News 6 in March 2018 with an extensive background in breaking news.

Breeder Cage, Broiler Chicken Cage, Poultry Feeding Machine - Hengyi,https://www.hyxmjx.com/